A series of webinars will be conducted to inform representatives of the civil society organizations and communities about opportunities and practical tools available to engage with and influence the national funding requests within the Global Fund Allocation Cycle 2020-2022 in the EECA region.
Civil society organizations, communities, and key groups should play an active role in the development of Global Fund funding requests and participation in the implementation, particularly addressing the needs of key and vulnerable populations in access to services and effective medicines, and providing the needed support through the continuum of treatment. It is important to be proactive by including quality improvement approaches across the entire cascade of TB care, ensuring that programs and services supported by the Global Fund are people-centered, based on human rights approaches, support community-led responses, and promote gender equality.
To achieve these, we see the need to provide participants of the webinar with practical guidance and explanations, show potential opportunities and ensure information sharing to maximize equal engagement of civil society participants and communities, including key and vulnerable populations in all stages of the Global Fund request preparation and its further implementation.
Planned webinars complement and refer to other materials produced by the Global Fund to support countries to develop strong funding requests.
The first webinar:
When: April 30, 2020 from 3:00 pm to 4:40 pm (EEST) – please check time zones.
How to access: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83893251984
Language: English and Russian (consecutive translation)
During this webinar you will learn:
- How COVID-19 can impact the Global Fund priorities;
- How to ensure human rights and gender equality focus in the country request;
- What additional financial opportunities are there for countries;
- How to leverage advocacy for people-centered support interventions in TB funding requests.
Speakers of the webinar:
- Alexandrina Iovita, Technical Adviser, Human Rights Communities, Rights and Gender Department of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria – “CRG responses to COVID-19 – meaningful engagement of communities and civil society, human rights in times of COVID, and available support”.
- Andrey Klepikov, Global Fund Board Member representing Developing Country NGO constituency, Executive director of the Alliance for Public Health – “EECA regional priorities with emphasis on community, right and gender approaches and why it is important to include in the application”;
- Kerstin Akerfeldt, Medecins Sans Frontieres/Doctors Without Borders Health Policy and Advocacy Advisor/Global Fund Liaison – “Prioritized above allocation request and additional financial opportunities for countries, such as Catalytic investments: matching funds, multi-country approaches and strategic initiatives”;
- Rachael Hore, RESULTS UK Senior Policy Advocacy Officer (TB) – “Socio-Economic Support to Ensure People-Centered TB Care in the Global Fund Allocation Cycle 2020-2022”.
After presentations, we will leave ample time for the discussion.
If you have any questions related to the webinar, you may address: firstname.lastname@example.org -Yuliia Kalancha, TBEC Advocacy and Policy Manager.
The webinar is organized by TBEC in partnership with the Human Rights Communities, Rights and Gender Department of the GF, RESULTS UK, Medecins Sans Frontieres/Doctors Without Borders and Alliance for Public Health.