The Regional Forum dedicated to the implementation of the Global Fund’s Community Engagement Technical Assistance Program in the EECA region in 2021-2022 organized by Eurasian Harm Reduction Association and the Regional Platform-EECA was held between 28-29 November 2022 in Istanbul (Turkey).
TBEC Programme Manager Vlada Rabinova participated in the event and spoke at a panel discussion of community perspectives on how to better address community needs, health inequities, rights, and gender issues in Global Fund processes.
During the 2-day event the participants discussed lessons learned and the next steps forward in:
- Global Fund Community Engagement support in EECA countries,
- community engagement technical assistance uptake and needs addressed,
- processes starting from a technical assistance request to its approval and recommendations for improvement
- available and planned support during the GF allocation period for 2023-2025,
- meaningfully engaging and influencing funding requests to reflect community needs.