For the first time, CSOs and TB-affected communities have the opportunity to build their capacity for expert participation in the National Tuberculosis Programmes (NTPs) Reviews!
Join virtually the regional educational workshop organized by TBEC and the WHO regional Office for Europe via link https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_hLZS1tbxRB2odQy_b9rKOQ
When? 17-19th October 2022.
What will you learn?
- What guiding principles and key areas of the framework approach are used by WHO in NTP reviews;
- Consider in detail the terms of reference and the successful case studies of CSO and TB-affected communities’ experts in the NTP review;
- How to create conditions for the exchange of experience and generate new ideas regarding the role of CSO and TB-affected communities’ experts at all stages of the NTP review;
- Which NTP review options are most relevant in the context of revitalizing the Multisectoral Accountability Framework to Accelerate Progress to End TB (MAF-TB) processes in course of preparation for the UNHLM on TB in 2023.
You can find the detailed agenda of the event at the link.
Connect online the following sessions:
Session 1. Conceptual framework for conducting an NTP review: guidelines, types of reviews, milestones and thematic areas. Country experiences.
Session 2. Expert input of CSOs and TB-affected communities in NTP reviews: roles and responsibilities. Country experiences.
Session 3. Ethical issues in NTP reviews.
Session 4. Processing data: preparatory stage and desk analysis.
Session 5. Conducting interviews, focus group discussions and data analysis during the field phase of NTP reviews.
Session 6. Preparation of recommendations and report on the results of NTP reviews
Session 7. The role of MAF-TB in strengthening country-based multisectoral monitoring, reporting and review processes to end TB.
Who are the speakers of the regional workshop?
- Sayohat Hasanova, Technical Specialist, Joint Program on Tuberculosis, HIV and Viral Hepatitis, WHO Regional Office for Europe (WHO/Europe).
- Naira Khachatryan, Deputy Director of the National Pulmonology Center of the Ministry of Health, Coordinator of the National TB Control Program
- Yana Terleeva, Head of the TB Diagnosis and Treatment Coordination Department of the Public Health Centre of Ukraine
- Oxana Rucsineanu, Programme Manager, National Association of TB Patients “SMIT”, Moldova
- Paul Sommerfeld, Chair of the TBEC Board
- Jonathan Stillo, Co-Chair of the TBEC Board
- Jamilya Ismoilova Regional SBC/Gender Adviser, USAID Eliminating TB in Central Asia
- Cristina Chelan, Project Manager, Center for Health Policies and Studies (PAS Center)
- Panagul Dzhazybekova, Head of the Department of Monitoring and Evaluation, Epidemiology, Statistics and Informatization of the National Science Center of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Olya Klymenko, Chair of the Board, TBPeople Ukraine
- Yuliia Kalancha, Executive Director of the TB Europe Coalition (TBEC)
- Yulia Chorna, International Consultant
- Nonna Turuzbekova, International Consultant
How to register? Please fill in a registration form!
We are looking forward to your participation!
* * *
Online workshop is organized within the framework of the Community, Rights and Gender Strategic Initiative funded by the Global Fund. Community Rights and Gender Strategic Initiative (CRG-SI) funded by the Global Fund and the European Union project Enhancing the Capacity and Capability of European Civil Society to Drive a Person-Centred TB Response in Europe.